Agricultural Issues & Rural Investments
Thursday, December 14, 2023 / 2-4pm or
Friday, December 15, 2023 / 10am-12pm
Stay up-to-date on the latest agricultural taxation issues in this upcoming webinar.
Tax planning for farm taxpayers is a job that never ends. Agricultural tax law has always been complex, and the need to understand their unique tax needs is more important than ever.
This 100-minute webinar covers a wide variety of topics to equip you with top-flight information to provide the best possible service to your farm clients. Topics covered include:
- The ins and outs of deducting residual soil fertility
- The use of buy-sell agreements to assist in transitioning a farm from one owner to the next
- How to properly utilize charitable remainder annuity trusts (CRATs) in charitable giving
- Understanding the reporting of estate income taxes and the various income-generating items for an estate
- Types of easements and what they mean for farmers
- Deductions for farm-related research and experimentation and the research and development credit
- Implications of recent agriculture-related rulings and cases